Parkinson’s disease can be a new name for many people, due to which they are not able to recognize its symptoms. Apart from this, it also becomes difficult for them to get treatment for it. There is a lack of awareness among people about Parkinson’s disease. If you also do not know about Parkinson’s disease, then you must read this article by Dr. Rohit Gupta – Parkinsons’ Specialist in Faridabad because in this article all the information about this disease is given. Read on!
What are the symptoms of Parkinson’s disease?
The symptoms or signs of Parkinson’s disease can vary from person to person. Often, these symptoms appear on one side of the body, causing damage to that part. Despite this, it is clear from the studies done on Parkinson’s disease than people who see these 5 symptoms in their body, then they should get their health checked immediately after seeing a doctor as these can be signs of Parkinson’s disease-
- Decreased working capacity
- Muscle stiffness
- Difficulty in talking
- Difficulty in writing
Causes of Parkinson disease:
- Genetic Cause- The main reason behind Parkinson’s disease is genetics. If any person in the family of a person has Parkinson’s disease, then he should take special care of his health so that he does not get Parkinson’s disease.
- Exposure to viruses – Often, Parkinson’s disease can also be caused by exposure to viruses. Although it can be treated with antibiotics, still people should take special care of their health.
- Suppression of the nerve of the brain– If a person’s brain vein is suppressed, then the chances of getting Parkinson’s disease are very high. Such people should start their treatment as soon as possible so that they do not have the possibility of getting Parkinson’s disease.
- Injury to the head- People who have had a head injury can also get Parkinson’s disease. Such people should not do any kind of carelessness because doing so can prove to be fatal.
- The environment being the cause– Parkinson’s disease is mainly caused by the environment as well. In such a situation, if a person lives in an environment containing pollution, chemicals, etc., then there is a possibility of serious diseases like Parkinson’s disease.
How is Parkinson’s disease diagnosed – Explanation by Parkinsons’ Specialist in Faridabad?
It is believed that early detection of any disease increases the chances of getting rid of it to a great extent. This also applies to Parkinson’s disease, so its detection can improve people’s lives. Thus, if a person is suspected to be suffering from Parkinson’s disease, he can confirm whether he is suffering from Parkinson’s disease or not in the following way-
- Checking Health History or Health History – The easiest way to diagnose Parkinson’s disease is by examining the health history or health history. The doctor should try to find out from this whether a person does not have symptoms of this disease.
- Getting a CT scan– Often, doctors diagnose Parkinson’s disease through a CT scan as well. In this test, a picture of the internal part of the human body is taken and it is ascertained to what extent Parkinson’s disease has reached in it.
- Performing MRI- In addition to CT scan, Parkinson’s disease is also diagnosed by MRI. In this, the internal part of the brain is examined and it is ascertained, in which part of the brain there is a problem.
- Dopamine Transporter (DAT) Testing – At present, the test called Dopamine Transporter (DAT) is also proving to be very popular in the diagnosis of Parkinson’s disease. Although this test does not accurately diagnose Parkinson’s disease, it still gives an indication to the doctor that there is something wrong with the person’s brain.
How can Parkinson’s disease be treated?
As soon as a person becomes aware that he is suffering from Parkinson’s disease, he should start his treatment immediately.
Therefore, people suffering from Parkinson’s disease can be treated mainly in these 5 ways-
- Making Lifestyle Changes- The easiest way to treat Parkinson’s disease is to make lifestyle changes. For this, healthy food, exercise, maintaining a balanced weight, etc. can prove to be effective measures.
- Taking medicines– In addition to making lifestyle changes, taking medicines can also prove to be helpful in the treatment of Parkinson’s disease. Medicines are given by the doctor help to open the clogged vein of the brain so that Parkinson’s disease can end.
- Taking therapy– Apart from taking medicines, Parkinson’s disease can also be cured by therapy. This type of therapy works by relaxing the nerves of the brain and circulating blood to them.
- Exercising– Often, doctors also recommend some exercise to people suffering from Parkinson’s disease. These exercises help a person recover from Parkinson’s disease.
- Deep brain stimulation- When people suffering from Parkinson’s disease do not get relief in any way, then doctors recommend surgery to them. In this situation, deep brain stimulation is done, in which the surgeon inserts electrodes into the part of the brain. These electrodes are connected to the generator to calm the nerves of the brain.
How to prevent Parkinson’s disease?
However, Parkinson’s disease is seen in many people, due to which they also have to face many problems.
Despite this, it is a matter of relief that if a person follows these 5 things, then he can easily prevent Parkinson’s disease-
Keeping distance from pesticides– As explained above, Parkinson’s disease can also be caused by a chemical-rich environment. For this reason, we all should stay away from chemicals like pasteurizers so that they do not have a bad effect on our health.
Consuming fresh vegetables– Our diet has a direct effect on our health, so we all should pay special attention to our food and drink. Therefore, eating fresh vegetables can prove to be a better option in the prevention of Parkinson’s disease.
Drinking Green Tea- Often, Parkinson’s patients are advised to drink green tea by the doctor as it is very low in caffeine content.
Exercising– If a person exercises every day, then the chances of getting diseases like Parkinson’s disease are very less.
Health check-up- This is the most useful measure, which all of us should do. We all should do our health check-ups from time to time so that we can be satisfied that we are completely healthy.
However, the number of patients with Parkinson’s disease is increasing very much, due to which misconceptions have arisen among the people about this disease. For this reason, it is important that people are given the right information about Parkinson’s disease so that they can get rid of it. Thus, we hope you found this article useful to read as it contains essential information related to this disease. If you or someone you know has Parkinson’s disease, get them treated as soon as possible from Dr. Rohit Gupta – the best Parkinsons’ Specialist in Faridabad, so they can live their lives better.