Migraine is a disabling neurological disorder that involves severe, recurring headaches, and other symptoms. It is not only a headache, it can have a significant impact on an individual’s life, making it difficult to work or carry out regular activities.
Identifying triggers can often help avoid or reduce the frequency of attacks, although it is not always possible to prevent them. Anyone who has concerns about migraine symptoms should see a doctor or Dr. Rohit Gupta- the best neurologist in Faridabad.
SYMPTOMS OF MIGRAINE ARE:
- Tiredness and irritability
- Nausea, vomiting, and nasal congestion.
- Head pain that worsens during physical activity
- An inability to perform daily activities
- Increased sensitivity to light and sound
- Sweating, temperature changes, stomach ache, and diarrhea.
TYPES OF MIGRAINE:
- Chronic migraine (painful attack once or twice a month).
- Menstrual migraine (women get menstrual migraines somewhere from 2 days before their period to 3 days after it starts).
- Abdominal migraine (affects mostly children as the pain is in the stomach and not the head).
- Vestibular migraine (the type of migraine that involves dizziness and vertigo).
- Basilar migraine (affect coordination, vision, and speech).
- Hemiplegic migraine (temporary weakness on one side of the body).
TREATMENT OF MIGRAINE
There are various treatments that may help to reduce the frequency and severity of attacks and relieve symptoms. Changes in lifestyle such as getting enough sleep, reducing stress, avoid certain food items, drinking lots of water, regular exercise may help reduce the frequency of migraines. Over-the-counter (OTC) pain relief medications or certain prescribed drugs can often help treat a migraine.
Dr. Rohit Gupta is one of the Best Migraine Specialist in Faridabad who has provided the best Neurology services. Book your appointment online instantly and get the right treatment options from the most trusted and experienced neurosurgeon in Faridabad.