Alzheimer’s disease is a neurological disorder in which dead brain cells cause memory loss. A physical disease that causes a build-up of proteins in the brain, which then forms structures known as tangles that can cause nerve cells to die, as they block signals and connections in the brain. There is a significant loss of brain tissue.
As symptoms worsen, it becomes harder for people to remember recent events and recognize people they know.
SYMPTOMS OF ALZHEIMER’S DISEASE
- Memory problems.
- Disorientation, particularly in unfamiliar surroundings.
- Difficulty with learning new skills.
- Problems with attention.
- Changes in mood, behavior, and personality.
- Difficulty in understanding what is said or what is written down.
- Sleeping problems.
- Psychological problems such as anxiety and depression.
- Problems carrying out day-to-day activities.
DIAGNOSIS OF ALZHEIMER’S DISEASE
Alzheimer’s disease is a common cause of dementia. There is no cure and it can cause great distress for those affected and their families. Early diagnosis is important and certain medications may reduce the symptoms and help improve quality of life.
Here are a few tips and tricks to help stimulate memory.
- Stay calm and be understanding with Alzheimer’s patients. Hold the person’s hand while talking to them, and offer gentle touches will help to calm them especially when they are struggling with their thought and emotions.
- Try brain training apps
- Crafting is a fantastic way for those who suffer from Alzheimer’s to utilize their time and energy, as they are able to use their hands, and exercise their brain.
If you find loved ones or family member is suffering from Alzheimer’s disease who is looking for support do not hesitate to get in touch with the best Neurology Doctor in Faridabad. He and his team of professionals are always willing to help.
Dr. Rohit Gupta is one of the Best Doctors For Alzheimer Disease in Faridabad