Diagnosis of neurological disabilities
A healthy nervous system provides an ideal balance between the parasympathetic and sympathetic nervous systems. Both the brain and the nervous system are intertwined. The brain controls every function in the body. From your brain to other parts of your body, your nervous system works as a network. Neurological damage or disability can be caused by any injury to the nerves or the brain. Damage to the nervous system can be caused by many factors. Some of these include accidents, complications during the birth or pregnancy, genetic factors, etc. Dr. Rohit Gupta, the best Neurologist in Faridabad may be able to provide you with the appropriate treatment for your disability.
What is the meaning of nervous disability?
As per the definition of neurological disabilities in medical science, any disorders that affect the brain or the nerves present in the body are considered neurological disorders. For gaining more insight into nerve disability, one must speak with a neurologist.
The treatment of the disabled
Taking care of a person with a nerve disability means paying attention to their smallest needs. As a caregiver, you can do a few things to help soothe the pain and help them recover. People with chronic nervous disabilities need to monitor their eating habits. They may consume foods that damage their nerves and cause pain and irritation in their arms and legs. They should also pay attention to their physical health when eating. Physical exercise can also help strengthen nerves. Exercise can also relieve pain.
There are several ways you can help treat patients who have suffered nerve damage –
- Keep an eye on their diet
Food is essential for treating nerve damage, said the best neurologist in Faridabad. Listed below are a few foods that can help alleviate the symptoms.
- Intake of eggs regularly makes the choline in eggs into acetylcholine. Neurotransmitters play an essential role in communication and memory enhancement between brain cells. Studies also show that they improve memory performance.
- Green leafy vegetables- When we were kids, green leafy vegetables were considered healthy. But over time, we often forget to include greens in our diet. Vegetables soothe the nerves in the body. Vitamin B complex, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and magnesium are all abundant in them.
- Fish – Fish is rich in omega-3 fatty acids. A deficiency in fatty acids can cause nerve damage. Nerves are protected by myelin sheaths made of fatty acids. Omega 3 fatty acids, found in fish, can treat the deficiency, and it also helps the nervous system to recover.
You can use this method to improve your body’s movement and memory. It also calms your mind and reduces stress. The practice of yoga asanas requires focus and concentration, which stimulates the sympathetic nervous system. Neurologists can provide you with the treatment that is trusted for any neurological disorder since the nervous system controls the time and coordination of the body. Asanas such as Padmasana, Sarvangasana, Paschimottanasana, Padahastasana, Halasana, etc. are good for healing.
- Get them involved in activities
It is important that the brain remains active and is not damaged. To help patients steer clear of neurological disorders, doctors often suggest brain exercises. These exercises are helpful for improving concentration. There are several ways to improve concentration. Concentration can be improved by simple exercises such as reading a book for 30 minutes, listening to music, playing chess, etc.
- Consult the best neurologist in Faridabad